The Tec 45 Course
The Tec 45 course picks up where Tec 40 leaves off and takes your training as a tec diver further and deeper. It is the second subcourse in the full PADI Tec Diver course
What You Learn
- The skills equipment and planning needed to dive to a maximum of 45 meters/ 145 feet
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops
- There would be no time limit to amount of decompression
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies
- Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving
- The Scuba Gear you use will be basic tec equipment
The Learning Materials You Need
You'll use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pack, which introduces you to:
- tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
The pack includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures. You'll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through the Tec 50 course.
To obtain your PADI physical materials from our dive centre, simply contact and Book your course now.
Recommended text: Technical Diving from the Bottom up!
You must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Tec 40 Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least:
- 12 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 meters/ 60 feet
- 6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 meters/ 100 feet
- At least 18 years old
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Your Next Step
Feeling up to the challenge? Complete the PADI Tec Deep Diver Course with the next step being the PADI Tec 50 Course and going deeper into the world of tec diving.
Visit the PADI TecRec Blog regarding everything Tec and Rec related.
For more information about this, or other PADI courses, sign up for our newsletter or come on in, have a cup of coffee and a nice chat with one of our friendly instructors.
Check out our travel website to see where we are going next and maybe jump on board for an unforgettable experience and a chance to put your new found skills to practice!