The Tec 50 Course
The Tec 50 course completes your training as an entry-level tec diver, taking you past the limits of recreational diving.
What You'll Learn
During the Tec 50 course, you:
- Make actual decompression dives as deep as 50 meters/ 165 feet
- Use enriched air nitrox and/or oxygen for decompression
- Use desk top decompression software to create custom dive tables and plan your dives
- Qualify to make technical decompression dives independently
- You will use basic tec equipment
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Tec 50 Course.
The Learning Materials You'll Need
You'll use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pack, which introduces you to:
- tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
The pack includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures.
To obtain your PADI physical materials from our dive centre, simply contact and Book your course now.
Recommended text: Technical Diving from the Bottom up!
You must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Tec 45 Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which
- 20 dives must be enriched air dives
- 25 dives must be deeper than 18 meters/ 60 feet
- at least 20 dives must be deeper than 30 meters/ 100 feet
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Your Next Step
Continue towards the Tec Sidemount Course and learn how to utilize gear in new configurations or take the plunge into the world of rebreathers with the Tec CCR 40 Course.
Visit the PADI TecRec Blog regarding everything Tec and Rec related.
For more information about this, or other PADI courses, sign up for our newsletter or come on in, have a cup of coffee and a nice chat with one of our friendly instructors.
Check out our travel website to see where we are going next and maybe jump on board for an unforgettable experience and a chance to put your new found skills to practice!